Monday, January 23, 2012

Urban Cowboy

I have a late Christmas gift that I am finishing for my brother and his family.  My brother, Lowell, is the true 'cowboy' in the family.  He loves horses, farming, ranching, all sorts of ourdoorsy stuff.  He lives in a rural community in central Utah.  I had 15 different western print fat quarters I wanted to use to make him a quilt.  I decided to modify Urban Abacus and use it as the pattern.  I cut each fat quarter into (4) 9x10 inch pieces and made the basic curve shape with Jenny's Quick Curve Ruler.  I then squared up the blocks and added sashing.  I love how it turned out and how it showcases the western prints.  Now I just need to quilt it and get it in the mail before his birthday in March.  :0)

2 comments:

  1. love it and it is so nice to see jenny's ruler and patterns in more color ways!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it and it is so nice to see jenny's ruler and patterns in more color ways!! xo

    ReplyDelete